Monday, February 06, 2006

Buddies

Commuting in and out of London (or out and in in my case) it's striking how many people are sporting the iPod's trademark white ear buds. Is it just my imagination or is there an almost knowing fraternity between users in the same way as VW Beetle owners or college alumni.

Though we may collectively snear at Creative's latest inspirational-moribund copycat we also throw surrepticious and furtive glances at our Apple neighbour's model. Phew... thank goodness it's only a third generation... that one's still got buttons at the top and not on the wheel itself...

Personally I'm not worried just yet... my 5G video's still top of the range and designer case will keep it on the rush hour catwalk for a few more years. It's still a bit strange how I'm already accepting that this will just be the first in a line I'll own as more features, storage and style aare squeezed into its shiny svelte lines.

I do enjoy the possibilities: one moment I was watching a clip of the Kurama Fire Festival near Kyoto from a podcast, now I'm writing this to a soundtrack of KLF's 'Last Train to Transcentral'.

It's clear I'm not the only one out and about and enjoying the possibilities.

One final note to my future kids: by the time you read this, the original 1st generation iPod I've just invested in will be worth a fortune...

2 Comments:

Blogger Cinnacism said...

Hey Paul, did you get my email about the palace guards? I didn't hear back from you...

Hope you're well!

11:09 pm  
Blogger Paul Campy said...

Hi cinnacism... finally got round to replying. Shout me back. P xx

3:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home